Welcome to this episode of:
Interviews from Edie’s Pug House
Introducing the Famous!
The Most Recognized Celebrity Head Tilting Pug Siblings!
Minnie and Max the Pugs!
I’m very honoured, and to be honest, a little awestruck to be given this opportunity to interview Minnie and Max the head tilting pugs. In the “Pug world” Minnie and Max are “Stars”.
I have so many questions for this pug sibling duo, but where do I start?
1) Minnie and Max, maybe you could start by introducing yourselves, tell us where you live, how old you are, when is your birthday(s)?
We live in Menlo Park, California near Stanford University. We just turned 10 years old on December 26th!
2) Minnie and Max, you are siblings, but do you have any other fursisters or furbrothers? What about Louis the Sock Thief, is he any relation?
We actually have a brother that lives nearby. His name is Spud! We run into him around town now and then. Louis is a really good friend we met at the dog park. Although we’re not related, we hang out a lot and our humans are good friends. He lived in Austin, TX and France! He likes socks!
3) Minnie and Max you are both well known for your pawsome “Pug Head Tilt”, you’ve even been featured on The Tonight Show, Ellen, Regis & Kelly, Good Morning America, and Animal Planet – just to name a few! But tell us, did your head tilting come naturally to you both? Were you born tilting your heads? Maybe, like some of us pugs, there is a special word or noise, or possibly the offer of a treat that gets those pug heads tilting.
We are natural born head-tilters. We respond to the tone of a question but also to keywords. Our favorite words are “treat,” “beach,” “ride,” “Pug Saturday,” “Grandma” and any of the names of our good friends, pug or human.
4) Sunday morning stair races, what’s that all about?! And lets be honest, which one has the most wins to the bottom of the stairs?
Ha! We filmed it once on Instagram because Minnie likes to give Max a hard time down the stairs. (This is our morning back yard outing and we’re excited because we know breakfast will be waiting for us when we go back in.) People loved it and would request it if we didn’t show it every Sunday. It’s become a tradition! (Minnie ALWAYS wins.)
5) I love your action shots of running and catching balls on the beach! Do you consider yourselves “beach bum pugs”?
Thank you! Yes, we do! Carmel Beach is our favorite place in the world! It’s the perfect dog beach. Max is totally obsessed with his little orange ball. Minnie likes to just harass Max when he’s chasing it. Our human loves trying to capture the action!
6) As a fellow pug I know how much we believe the world and our humans revolve around us, but you two understand that not all pugs are as fortunate as us and you help others by supporting animal rescue organizations. Can you tell us a bit about these organizations and how you help and promote them.
Yes. We know we are very lucky and not all dogs have it so good. When our videos became popular on YouTube we started adding “Support Pug Rescue” to them. We’ve gotten to know so many great organizations and their people over the years. You will not find a group of more dedicated and selfless individuals. We need a combination of responsible breeders, responsible pet-owners, and well-supported rescue organizations. Being in the public eye, we see the publicity and awareness of this as our role.
7) Minnie this question is for you, tell us something about Max that no one knows – we can keep a secret.
Max sucks on his “Lamby” at night. Did I tell you he was 10?!
8) Max same question for you, tell us something about Minnie that no one knows – we can keep a secret.
Minnie’s tongue sticks out more the more tired she is. She really looks funny, sometimes!
9) You both travel a lot, is there one place you haven’t visited yet but would like too (maybe Canada to visit a certain pug conducting this interview.)
We have been a lot of great places and we love road trips! We will even fly if we have to. We’d love to do a Southwest trip…maybe Arizona and on through to Texas? When is Spring Training? (We love Giants baseball.) We have been to Vancouver, Canada! Does that count?
10) Lightening round!
Dog bed or human bed?
Dog bed (mostly.)
Lamby for Max. (Minnie thinks toys are silly.)
Can’t live without?
A big pug thank you to Minnie and Max for taking time out of their very busy schedule to join me on this episode of Interviews from Edie’s Pug House!
If you would like to see more of Minnie and Max’s adventures, you can follow them on Twitter @MinnieMaxPugs on Facebook @pugheadtilt and Instagram @minniemaxpugs
Interested in being interviewed for “Interviews from Edie’s Pug House”, do you know some pug that would be a great interview? Paw us an email: kelly@Ilovemydogmorethanmykids.com