“ Interviews from Edie’s Pug House”
Welcome to my new series “Interviews from Edie’s Pug House” where I sit down with fellow pug pals and ask the questions we all want answers to!
On my very first episode of “Interviews from Edie’s Pug House”, I’m so pugcited to have the one and only Hamilton Pug join us! I have known Hamilton a few years now, having first met him on twitter and of course, joining him and all pugs on #PugChat each and every Wednesday evening from 7:00-8:00pm on Twitter!
1) Let’s start off by telling us a bit about yourself Hamilton. How old are you, where do you live, how many humans do you live with?
I think I am around 9 years old. No one really knows how old I am (and I’ll never tell). I let two humans live with me and my little brother in New York City.
2) You have a little pug brother named Rufus, any plans on further additions to your furfamily?
Not at this time! My humom would like to get a cat at some point, but our building only allows two pets. Maybe Lloyd can come for a visit?
To answer your question Hamilton about my cat Lloyd coming for a visit – I’m just licking the stamps to put on the box 😉
3) To what do you attribute to your overwhelming success on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram? Other than being a very handsome pug of course;)
Being cute and positive. I’ve been on Instagram for a long time, so I have time on my side. But I think people like pets as a diversion from real life.
4) Tell us about your involvement with Best Friend Animal Society NYC and why this organization is important to you?
They’re a great rescue and advocacy organization with a huge sanctuary in Utah and shelters in four major cities. They just opened one in NYC and we are so thrilled to have another shelter in the city. They hope to make the U.S. a no-kill country by 2025. We are very happy to support them and get the word out about adoption.
5) I’ll never forget the day you asked me to join you on Twitter for a little thing called #PugChat, did you ever imagine it would become what pugs like to call “The best night on Twitter!?”
Not at all! I actually thought we would do it for a few weeks and that would be it. But we are going on 3.5 years now!
6) I’ve known you a few years now but have yet to meet you in person! Do you have any future plans to come visit us Canadian pugs?
No plans as of yet, but it would be fun!
7) Back to your brother Rufus for a moment, we know Rufus has issues with airplanes (I know, brothers can be weird) is there anything that upsets you or you don’t like?
Ruuuuuuufus. Not too much bothers me. Sometimes I get annoyed by horse carriages, but the only thing that really upsets me is not eating.
8) You’ve met so many famous dogs, but who were you star struck with most?
Definitely Snoop Dogg. I saw him a few times on the street in NYC, and finally mustered up the courage to say hello several years’ back. Oh, actual dogs? I haven’t been too star struck – I tend to just play it cool when I’m chilling with famous friends.
Wow! Snoop Dogg! Always a good idea to pay it cool Hamilton 🙂
9) Is there any pug/dog you haven’t met that is on your bucket list of “I got to meet this pug/dog?”
I am very excited to meet Minnie & Max when they come to New York. And then we’ll meet all of the pugs coming to #PugsTakeChicago. I can’t even pick! And I hope to meet you too, Edie!
Thank you Hamilton for joining me on my very first “Interviews from Edie’s Pughouse”!
If you would like to see more of Hamilton, be sure to follow him on Twitter @hamiltonpug
April 28, 2017
Great first episode, Edie. I look forward to my mom reading more of them to me.
April 29, 2017
Thank you Fishstick! I have more interesting interviews lined up so stay tuned!
April 19, 2017
At first, I thought you meant Hamilton, Ontario…. but Do you only interview pugs? I know a terrier cross named Victor who’d love to talk to you … (Also, I just joined a small dog Meet Up and so far, Vic has only met pugs)
April 20, 2017
Ha! This is all about Hamilton the Pug! I love interviewing all dogs! Maybe you can have Victor get in touch me and we can woof 😉